A great post just came into my Google Reader account and I was inspired to blog about it. The post is titled, “Graphics, Icons, Banners and Photo Generators“, and is posted over at the stellar Outdoor Blogger Network.
Did you know you can submit your content right to Google?
Aside from implementing all the the steps that are outlined in the 15 WordPress SEO Tips, you can also submit your blog and other content directly to Google. How cool is that?
If you are a website/blog owner, business owner, publishing or media company, or a public agency or NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) you can submit urls, rich snippets, videos, local enhanced content and more… [Read more…]
Have you ever thought about writing a press release to announce the launch of your new blog?
It’s a great way to “get your blog out there” and helps to officially launch your blog.
Take a look at a few of the latest news releases I found about launching a blog:
- Peachtree City Dentist Connects With Patients Through Facebook and Blog
- Wholesale Discount Sunglasses Redesigns Its Blog And Shares More Tips
- Livelinks Announces the Official Launch of its Blog
- Working Mom Blog Moms Who Wine Celebrates Success
- CBIZ, Inc. Launches New Human Capitalizing Blog, Helps Employers Maximize Top Asset– Their Employees
- New blog tracks ‘best practices in digital journalism’
Notice there is sort of a common theme here? These press releases are all highlighting the benefits that these new blogs will bring to their readers:
- Connect with patients
- Share more tips
- Helps Employers Maximize Top Asset– Their Employees
- tracks ‘best practices in digital journalism’
- a new resource for those looking to improve their odds while dating
- Moms Who Wine (http://momswhowine.wordpress.com/), is not only quenching the thirst of stressed-out moms, but is also offering a respite from hectic family and work life with humorous stories and words of encouragement.
To help get started on your press release I rounded up a few press release templates for you:
- Social Media News Release Template
- Instant Press Release
- Press Release 101 for Mompreneurs: Free Template Included!
- Google Docs Press Release Template
I also complied a list of sites where you can syndicate your press release.
So what would be the headline of your blog’s press release? How will your blog benefit your readers?
This is the main question your potential readers will be wondering upon landing on your blog for the first time.
So, as a new blogger how can you illustrate to a brand new reader why your blog is important to them?
Well, the answer could lie in a whole number of things… But for me as a blog reader the following elements are what I first take a quick peek at even before the content:
- Your blog’s title and tagline.
- Your blog’s header graphic.
- Your about me page.
- Your picture and bio.
And if any of these elements reach out to me and I can relate to any one of them then I will move on to the content…
If the content is organized, well polished, and resonates well with me I will be sure to subscribe to the feed and sign up for any other updates that the blog may offer. Plus, I am likely to post comments, share articles and spread the awesomeness of the blog with those in my circles who I know will find value in it.
On the other hand, if the content is disorganized, cluttered, has glaring grammatical mistakes and is not very informative or interesting then I will simply move on.
So, as a new blogger these are a few fundmental ways to illustrate why your blog is important to your new readers.
How have you been able to grab a new readers attention on your blog? Please share your tips and ideas!
After everything I did to prepare The Blog Launch for the trade show I am sure you are wondering what the outcome was?
Well, it was really interesting. The conversations I had with people were really amazing. In fact, I was able to introduce the opportunity of blogging to a few people who really had no idea what it all meant or what value it could bring into their lives. And to me, that in itself was worth it. [Read more…]
I took The Blog Launch to a trade show for the very first time and thought it would be interesting to tell you more about the experience.
It all started by me searching Google for someone else who has already done this and perhaps blogged about it. I had so many questions that I was frantically searching for answers to. [Read more…]