Vlogging aka video blogging is not a new trend. In fact, it started circa 2000 when Adam Kontras posted a video alongside a blog entry aimed at informing his friends and family of his cross-country move to Los Angeles in pursuit of show business, marking the first post on what would later become the longest-running video blog in history. Thanks Wikipedia for the info about Video Blogging.
Fast forward to today and the excitement is growing at an extremely steady pase. Get this: while you watch this 100+ hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube, according to a post titled, “39 Social Media Statistics to Start 2012” posted by Erik Qualman on the Socialnomics blog. And that’s not all…
Listen to these video facts posted on the Youtube Stats page:
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site
Just imagine the world you would be opening up your blog and/or business to if you decided to jump onto this evolving band wagon.
Simple, quick, short and sweet – that’s all it is. It’s actually quite fun once you do it a few times. You may even really, really enjoy it.
So please, if you can I would love to see you join in on all this video blogging action. My brand new VLOG tribe would love to have you. They are all listed over on the Savvy Sexy Social blog with Amy Schmittauer.
Amy is amazing and because I love the energy, vibe and creativity she consistently puts out there – I am 100% sure you will as well.
Will you join in on the Savvy Sexy Social vlogging fun?